A criminal should be given an opportunity to repent and mend his ways.
- Jail term is a punishment that the criminal is given after careful and elaborate process and is what he justly deserves.
- The purpose of jail terms is to make a person realize his mistakes and give him an opportunity to improve.
- Many rehabilitation programs are carried out. He learns skills that will be useful to him after he returns back.
- Society is the place where he belongs.
- Some may not be accepted by society and he may face lot of hardships.
- He may be tempted to return to his old ways.
- Some criminals do not change after the jail term and may be threat to society.