Originally, the term "computer" referred to a person who performed numerical calculations (a human computer), often with the aid of a mechanical calculating device.
- Computers are manmade machines; they need logic (program) to be fed to them.
- Study of mathematics involves study of logic. Basic calculations help a person to develop logic.
- These basic skills are required in life; man cannot be dependent on machines for these basic skills.
- All electronic gadget comes at a cost and everyone cannot afford it, neither it will be always accessible.
- Computer technology is moving at breathtaking pace. The field is too vast and varied; but basic concepts are similar throughout. It is better to learn the basics and then later to move to advanced stage.
- Previously calculators, now computers, who knows what is in store tomorrow!